Having an online ministry can be a joy and done in a lot of different ways. There is no wrong or right way to run an online ministry as long as you are going down the path the Lord leads.
"A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps." Proverbs 16:9
Below is a list of just some of the different types of online ministries you can have. Through out the upcoming weeks, I will be discussing each type in more detail.
- Devotions - This is probably the most common type of an online ministry and even this can be done a number of different ways. Devotions sites online can be all encompassing, such as Faithful Devotions, or very specific in nature, such as Devotions for Moms. Devotions published in written form, audio, or even video. Devotions are a type of worship and as such there are many different ways we can worship the Lord.
- Bible Studies - Bible studies online can also be done in numerous ways - written, audio, video. Bible Study for Her is a good example. You could even create an e-course that delivers a specific Bible study via email.
- Personal blog - When you think of an online ministry, a personal blog probably isn't what you think of, but they can be a great ministry tool. Sharing your life struggles and accomplishes, along with the Word of God, can help others who are in the same situation as you.
- Radio Show/Podcast - There are many online Christian radio shows and podcasts all on different subjects - such as Christian life, finance, Bible studies, etc.
- Resources - Having a website with inspirational messages such as photos, screensavers, computer wallpapter, etc., can even be a ministry. Breath of Life Online Ministry is a good example.