There are a lot of different types of Christian ministries online. I’ve always said that to have a successful ministry you have to have 3 things - love, passion, and devotion.
- Love – In order have a ministry, online or offline, you have to have a love for Christ.
- Passion – You must have a passion to show God’s love to others
- Devotion – You must be willing to devote your time and resources to the ministry.
I recently came across The Christian Treatment Center’s website and thought they were a good example of an online ministry. They are a Christian Drug Treatment company that is built on the foundation of Christ. Now I don’t know the owners of the site, but based on what I see on their website, they have the love, passion, and devotion needed to run a ministry for the glory of God.
Here are some of my initial thoughts on their website:
- I like that they offer more than one form of content. Their services and programs are clearly listed on the site, but they also have a daily devotional and a blog that integrates nicely into their site. They offer a reason for people to come back to their site.
- They offer a free report. This is a great way for a person to learn more about the company without making a decision – it’s completely worry-free for those who are not sure if they need the services offered or not.
- They are active on social media. We all know how popular social media is these days. Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube – that is where everyone is at. They have incorporated social media into their website without it being obtrusive.
- It is easy to read. The font is nice and easy on the eyes. There is not a lot of distracting graphics or ads. They are not using a huge header. The layout is simple and clean and gets the job done.
How can you incorporate some of these thoughts into your own online ministry? Do you offer your content in more than one way? Maybe a podcast or a newsletter? Do you have a way to entice people to come back to your site? Do you offer your readers a free report or something similar for them to get to know you better? Is your site easy to read and navigate?
These are just some things to keep in mind that can help your online ministry’s website help the people who visit.