Today's Thankful Thursday is all about getting to know one another. That reminds me of all of the online friendships that I am thankful for. Yes, I have 'real-life' friendships, but it is so hard to get together with girlfriends, simply because I am a busy working wife and mom. Lots to do! However, I can sneak in some blogging and online activities when my hubby and children are distracted with their own interests.
That's where online friendships come in. What would I do without your encouragement, support and advice!
10 Things You Didn't Know About Me or Maybe You Do:
- One of my online friendships turned into a real-life friendship. We text, talk on the phone, and have even discussed visiting one another. She's a treasure and I am very thankful to have her.
- I have a scar on my right knee from a cut I received when I was 11 months old.
- I never ever dreamed I would be overweight as an adult. I was a skinny girl up until my senior year of high school. Thanks a lot to all of the fast food restaurants and the vending machines!
- I'm actually adopted by one of my parents. I feel special because I was actually chosen!
- I have a brother who's spent time in prison. He almost died earlier this year. Despite his circumstances and choices, I love him with all my heart.
- I really thought my first child would be a girl. I was wrong. Mr. Matthew came first.
- I really didn't want a girl. I worried that I wouldn't get along with a girl, simply because my mom and I clashed a lot. Now, that I'm older, I see things differently with my own mom. My daughter and I do clash, but I know it's mostly me, because I'm a moody girl that's passing it on to her girl. However, it's something God and I are working on together!
- I can't wear fake fingernails and do the laundry. Pulling the clothes out of the dryer was difficult with them on. So, give up the nails or doing the laundry? Sadly, I chose to give up the nails, simply because I didn't want anyone running around naked, especially me!
- My teeth are crooked. My mom tried to get me braces before I left home, but I was fine with crooked teeth then. I now wish I would've gotten the braces. Oh well!
- I have a destructive personality. I have sabotaged relationships in the past with my own jealousy. Another one that God is helping me change!
Share ten things about yourself! Today's Thankful Thursday is being hosted at Spiritually Unequal Marriage.
This Mom's Thankful!